Dental Implants are the most ideal option for replacing one or multiple lost teeth
They essentially replicate and replace your tooth roots and are topped with a crown or bridge-work that is made to match your natural teeth.
Whether you have lost teeth due to an accident or through periodontal disease, dental implants are the most natural-looking option in comparison to dentures.
Dental Implants can last a lifetime with the appropriate care and maintenance.
What are the Benefits?
- Dental Implants can last a lifetime with the appropriate care and maintenance
- A permanent way to improve your appearance and comfort
- Ill-fitting dentures affect your speech and make chewing difficult, implants resolves all of these issues
- Bridges often require reducing other teeth, whereas dental implants do not affect your other teeth
- Extremely convenient in comparison to dentures that need to be removed and require adhesives to stay in place
- Overall, dental implants are better for your health and self-esteem
What does the procedure entail?
After our team here at Tusk Dental has developed a specific treatment plan to suit your personal needs, it is essentially a two-step process. A small post made of titanium, the tooth root implant, is placed into your jawbone into the socket of the lost or missing tooth. It will take anywhere from six to twelve weeks for your jawbone to heal and for the implant to secure itself properly.
After this, an abutment, or post is attached in order to properly anchor the new tooth. In order to ensure that your tooth looks as natural as possible, we will make impressions of your teeth, as well as a mold of your bite. After the crown is attached, your dental implant will look and feel like the rest of your natural teeth.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
The only two requirements are that you are healthy, especially your oral health, and that you have enough bone to attach the implant.
Is it Painful?
We use local anesthesia during the surgical process. Most of our patients claim that there is little to no pain involved during the process itself. During the healing, any mild pain can be treated with over-the-counter pain medications.
Tusk Dental Provides Gentle Care! Why wait another day? Contact Tusk Dental and let us help you keep that beautiful smile healthy!