Unlike dentures, both dental crowns and most tooth bridges are fixed prosthetic devices
They are cemented onto existing teeth or implants. A dental crown can be described as a tooth-shaped cover for your damaged tooth. It is used to improve its appearance and strength.
Dental bridges are made up of two or more crowns and actually bridge the gap created by one or multiple missing teeth. Dental bridges are attached to natural teeth or implants.
What are the benefits of Dental Crowns?
- Protect or restore a weak or broken tooth
- Cover and sustain a large filling in a damaged tooth
- Necessary to support a dental bridge
- Improve your smile by hiding a misshapened or discoloured tooth
- Able to cover any dental implant or any tooth that has had root canal treatment
What are the benefits of Dental Bridges?
- Helps to fully restore your smile
- Aides with chewing and speaking properly
- Conserves the natural shape of your face
- Stops the remaining teeth from moving out of position
- Replaces missing teeth and allows you to bite appropriately
How Do I Care for My Restorative Dental Work?
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and after meals
- Purchasing an electronic toothbrush would be a good investment as it will help keep plaque from building up on your dental work
- Floss daily
- Stay away from hard or sticky foods as they are likely to cause damage to your bridges or crowns
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash
While restorative procedures such as crowns and bridges have obvious cosmetic benefits, they also help to improve your overall health.
Tusk Dental Provides Gentle Care! Why wait another day? Contact Tusk Dental and let us help you keep that beautiful smile healthy!