Oral or maxilloafacial surgery is a recognised international specialty in dentistry.
It includes the diagnosis, surgical and related treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the head, mouth, teeth, gums, jaw, and neck.
An oral surgeon can help with the following issues:
- Remove damaged and/or impacted teeth while providing iv sedation or general anaesthesia
- Repair minor facial traumas such as setting fractured jaw or facial bones, reconnecting nerves, or anything involving the forehead, eye sockets, nasal and cheek bones, jaws, and oral tissues
- Help with the planning and placement of dental implants, as well as reconstruct bone and alter gum tissue
- Perform reconstructive and cosmetic surgery such as facial bone and tissue problems resulting from tumours or cysts
- Evaluate tumours and cysts of the face and mouth, as well as infections in the jaw, neck, salivary glands or oral cavity
- Diagnose and administer treatment for facial pain and disorders – for example, temporomandibular joint (tmj) issues
- Correct major and minor skeletal and dental jaw abnormalities to assist with chewing, breathing, and speaking
Tusk dental provides gentle care! We specialise in normal tooth extraction and removing impacted teeth. Why wait another day? Contact tusk dental and let us help you keep that beautiful smile healthy!